Email Archiving – Manage the ongoing significant increase in email volumes & size of attachments:
Fiona Mulvaney – Waterford Technologies
With the exploding growth of email both in volume and size of messages, IT Departments are under pressure to deliver service to their users while maintaining a reasonable cost structure and providing access to the messages for legal purposes.
Our customers use our solution MailMeter to significantly reduce email storage costs while providing a greater level of service to legal, HR, compliance, business managers, and end users. Email archiving has proven to be very beneficial.
On average our customer’s see storage savings of 80% and other savings they achieve include;
- Reduction in back up times,
- Elimination of PST files,
- Improved reliability and performance of their MS Exchange servers.
- Disaster Recovery is faster – Archive is available even if the email server is down. The email server can be recovered immediately with empty mailboxes and users can use archive to search for historical data.
- More control of your total email storage costs and ability to manage it for future growth at a lower cost per message.
Below please find two examples of the actual storage savings that our customers achieved where we stubbed 3 mailboxes;
Mailbox Name Size before Stub Size after Stub
Mailmeter1 239,299K (234MB) 48086K (47MB)
Mailmeter2 75,788K (74MB) 10689K (10MB)
Mailmeter3 458,217K (447MB) 99038K (97MB)
In real terms it’s an 80% reduction in total file size saving over half a GB storage on just 3 mail files.
This large customer has approximately 4,500 mailboxes with an MS Exchange mailstore of 5-6TB.
During our seven day evaluation our solution captured 188,000 messages.
MailMeter reduced their MS Exchange Mailstore by 70%
To learn more about how you can solve this problem in your organisation please see http://www.waterfordtechnologies.com/products/mailmeter/