Belfast Trust NHS share top tips on Exchange with Mark Mulcahy
I thought I’d share with you guys a quick location for some interesting scripts etc. that one of our biggest customer’s uses to health check his Exchange server on a daily basis.
Not everyone has 25,000 mailboxes to look after but I think the basis for what they do can be used and tweaked by everyone to build in a routine to make sure Exchange is working optimally for you. I hope you find this useful – Mark.
Thanks to Ken Leung of Belfast Trust NHS for these tips:
- We use a thing called Microsoft Runbook to log/document but you could knock up a simple checklist spreadsheet.
- We have an automated email sending to [email protected] every 2-3 hours – this sends an automated reply to make sure external email is flowing
- We use different email servers to send all the above to ensure they are all working throughout the day.
- We also check the MailMeter inbox every morning. For those who don’t yet have MailMeter you can check out this free resource where you can analyse the content and make up of mailboxes to identify space savings. Analyse MailBox Here
- Finally, we use the reports below which I find help identify any issues very quickly. Both reports very good and quickly identify any issues
Thanks to Ken Leung, Release Manager, IT & Telecommunications (Service Delivery), Belfast Health & Social Care Trust