The cost of storage keeps skyrocketing
Your file server storage usage will continue to increase until:
- Backups no longer run or don’t finish in time; or
- You will simply run out of storage space.
Are you a Data | IT | CIO | HR |Compliance | Retention Manager?
You can’t manage what you can’t see. If you don’t have an easy way to get usage reports on your file servers, then it will only result in a fire drill when you are scrambling to find free space when the hardware fills up. What files can you delete? It’s tough going to your boss to justify new hardware when you have no facts or evidence of what happened to all the storage space.
Managing hundreds of GB’s or TB’s can be a nightmare. Industry statistics show that over 50% of a file server contents are old and unneeded files. We provide a easy-to-install File Analyzer and File Archiver tool to tame your Uncontrolled File Server Growth and the best part? It’s affordable.
Best Practice for Management of Uncontrolled Growth
- Insight: File Analyzer reporting and analysis gives you the understanding and insight into your file server storage usage – immediately see how your file storage is being used or indeed wasted.
- Organise: File Analyzer gives you reports where you can see the oldest, most duplicated and redundant files filling up your file servers.
- Clean: From any report, click on a file or folder and delete it from your file server, reclaiming valuable storage space. You can use File Archiver policies for file archiving to delete files that are old or unneeded.
- Set a Storage Goal and use Automated Policies: File Archiver has automated policies by age, access date which can automatically move files to an archive where they are compressed, encrypted and stored for automatic retrieval.
“We continue to hear storage administrators talk about how storage is out of control on their file servers,” said Brendan Nolan, US CEO of Waterford Technologies. “We are always shocked at the number of businesses that are unaware of how their file server space is being used. Most of the time we find that company’s storage administrators don’t have time for housekeeping and don’t see how much waste there is. So we created a free tool, File Analyzer Lite that quickly gives them insight into potential savings that they can share with their management.”
Storage space is costly and can add up quickly considering the amount of information users save. Storing multiple copies of large files over several years fills storage space quickly – resulting in longer backups, servers filling up too quickly, and higher management costs. With the File Analyzer Lite tool, businesses can instantly see how they are using space and either pat themselves on the back or take action to adjust their storage approach.